About Me

My photo
Male', South Asia, Maldives
Hi, I am Sophu and I believe life is a sum of experiences. This is a compilation of random thoughts that come to my head which contains my interests, experiences, thoughts, tips, poems.... n everything relating to my life...n so on. So please leave a comment to my posts. I love it!

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Realizing Life’s Call

Where is MY Life Leading? This is one question I asked myself over the years. I believe there is no way we can know about it. Even though it is believed that through palm reading and other black magic stuff you can predict your future. Some says through Horoscope it’s possible to know where you’re leading. Of course, you get a horoscope reading every day. But I believe there is a step each and every one of us can do to create our own paths in Life’s Journey.

The simple act of goal setting and acting on it clears your path. Some of us find it difficult to set goals or we don’t know what we want in life. I had the same difficulty. I wanted so many things in life in so little time. And most of the things I perceived as ‘wants/needs’ were contradictory to one and other. For example: I wanted to be a housewife with 4 children and a loving husband but at the same time I wanted to be free as bird, travel on impulse and be the hiker. Hehe.

Mainly there are two steps to reach your destiny;
1- Identify your wish and what you need in life
2- Plan and act to achieve it


A friend asked me the miracle question, which the answer provides what I really want and value in Life (Realizing Life’s Call ). She said, ‘Imagine, you have got a magic lamp and when you wake up tomorrow you get to make one of your dreams/wishes come true. Visualize with color pictures (descriptively) what wish it and how you want tomorrow to be?'

What do you see? Family? Greenery? Money? Travel? Friends? Career?

The answer can be stunning! Even if you thought your needs and wants are…blah blah… what you truly value or want is seeing through the eyes of your mind. This gives a general idea of where you want to lead your life. This is the first step to identify and know the bigger picture.

Then, you need to strategize your goals and actions (which is a whole other story). Take small steps, achieve one goal at a time, cumulatively bound together to get the outcome.

0 comments:

Mark!

Bookmark and Share