About Me

My photo
Male', South Asia, Maldives
Hi, I am Sophu and I believe life is a sum of experiences. This is a compilation of random thoughts that come to my head which contains my interests, experiences, thoughts, tips, poems.... n everything relating to my life...n so on. So please leave a comment to my posts. I love it!

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Theory of Conversation

Traveling is a great joy. Without it, education is incomplete. Traveling opens the doors to knowledge. No wonder our elders say, "Seeing is believing'. Hence, I have been blessed with multiple opportunities to travel, inside the country and abroad. To live, laugh and love people all around me.

I have traveled in dhoni's', boats, ships, buses, trains, domestic flights and international flights too. Therefore, I have met several people around the globe. These traveling experiences have made me form my own equations and formulae about people I meet.

I have a theory about conversation. You may call it an empirical formula. It is that quantitatively speaking; 'conversation' is inversely proportional to the economic standing.



Quantity of speech or conversation = 1/Economic Standing

If you are travelling in a local dhoni or a boat which is equal to buses abroad, your fellow passengers will get into conversation with you very quickly and without reservation. If you are travelling on a safari/ship or in first class train, people will be a little more reserved. If you are travelling by air, the chances of conversation is still less. If you are travelling on an international flight, then you may travel 8 hours without exchanging a single word with the person next to you.

What do you say? Is my theory right? Believable? Acceptable? Experienced?

adapted from: Wise and Otherwise

0 comments:

Mark!

Bookmark and Share