About Me

My photo
Male', South Asia, Maldives
Hi, I am Sophu and I believe life is a sum of experiences. This is a compilation of random thoughts that come to my head which contains my interests, experiences, thoughts, tips, poems.... n everything relating to my life...n so on. So please leave a comment to my posts. I love it!

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Y shud life be practical?

But why must everything always have a practical application? She'd been such a diligent soldier for years-working, producing, never missing deadline, taking care of loved ones, her health and family liabilities, voting...etc..

Is this lifetime supposed to be only about duty? In this dark period of loss, did she need any justification for flying and wandering in India other than that it was the only thing she could imagine bringing her any pleasure right now? And it wasn't that outrageous goal, anyway, to want to travel in India. Its not like saying ' I wanna travel round the globe with 500 bucks'.

Travelling is something you can actually do. So she took tickets in and just left without a word to family. Her friends thought this was frightening, craziness, madness, too impulsive and hilarious.

and yes now when she thinks about it. And believes that it was a madness and craziness that drove her there... alone (a gal in tht matter), without a caretaker or anyone known to her, travelling in buses, trains and rickshaws from north end of the country to the most south.

Yet she still thinks, it's the most wonderful adventure she had had in her life, sharing it with her camera only!

1 comments:

sophia said...

hey dear,
wow ingey..beginin thought u were talkin abt me keke :P...bt so very tru ingey...nicely put
:)

Mark!

Bookmark and Share