About Me

My photo
Male', South Asia, Maldives
Hi, I am Sophu and I believe life is a sum of experiences. This is a compilation of random thoughts that come to my head which contains my interests, experiences, thoughts, tips, poems.... n everything relating to my life...n so on. So please leave a comment to my posts. I love it!

Saturday, August 2, 2008

whY?

why do I get mad at people I feel close to...
why do I find it difficult to forgive people I feel close to...

when it is easy to forget and forgive strangers?

1 comments:

Khilath Rasheed - journalist and blogger from Maldives said...

I guess it's because we know that even if we do have problems with them they are close to us and will not leave us. We can have an argument but in the end we will solve it.
I also had this kind of problems, especially at the start of relationships when I need to "clarify" a lot of things about the other party.
So what I did was, I thought I should give each relationship time to "grow" and thought that I will deal with the sensitive issues along with time.
One difficult thing I have always faced here with regard to a relationship is the issue of HIV/AIDS. Though I use condoms, it's still not a gurantee, dho.
So everytime I start a relationship, especially if it is with a person who has worked in a resort, I have to find out whether the person slept with tourists (a high risk thing in my view). In fact, in a recent relationship, there was a bitter fight because my lover just insisted on not telling me ANY details about the sexual past.
I learnt a lesson from this experience: since relationships are supposed to be a mutually beneficial thing, if the other party don't see things this way, it's better to let them go, because ultimately, I won't be satisfied with the relationship.

Mark!

Bookmark and Share